The Gateway Food Pantry
WHEN & WHERE
Sundays from 11:00am – 12:00pm.
MEET THE TEAM
Leaders: Blair Perrin
Everyone is welcome to visit the food pantry; we just ask that you be courteous to those with the greatest need. Want to help? We would love to have you volunteer! We can always use helpers before church (picking up food, sorting food) and after church (distributing food, cleanup). The time commitment is small (1-2 hours a week). If interested, please let us know by clicking the “CONTACT” button above.
Recently we had a naming contest for our food pantry. The contest winner was Josiah Ginsberg. His inspiration for the name was
- The food pantry, The Gateway, is in front of the church(the bridge). Most people walk through it or by it on their way inside.
- Many people only come for the food, but God in his goodness can use both the food and helpers(staff) to draw them further into the church(the bridge).
- A doorway(Gate) is the first place a host would greet someone new before going into the house. Similarly, the food pantry is a place for people to feel loved and welcomed.
- It is a place of abundance and thanksgiving.
Psalm 100:4 says- “Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise.”
- The pantry is the gateway(for some people)
- The church is the bridge that leads to God(his courts).
- The Gateway(food pantry) is for people who are hungry(both physically and spiritually) to come and eat(physically and spiritually).